Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring "Stay-cation" 2011

The boys and I just finished our Spring Break. There was no big vacation, no flying south for our family this year. Even though after this long winter I was wishing desperately that we could fly away to Disney or something like that, but then I know that with the age of our boys it is not worth it. We are better off staying around home and waiting until the boys are a little older and they can remember Spring Break vacations.

So, we had a Stay-cation right here in Rochester. We kept ourselves very busy each day (almost too busy now when I think back on it). Here are a couple of our hi-lights of our daily outings.

Monday- Chuck E Cheese
This is something I SWORE I would not do for at least two years. Being that "Chuck" is new to Rochester and they are often directing traffic out of the parking lot because there are so many people there. But, Missy and the girls came down from Red Wing and Sarah Anne and her kids said they would go. I thought "what the heck". I am so glad we went. We had a BLAST. I was a little nervous when we pulled into the parking lot and there were 3 yellow Rochester school buses there. I thought we were in for a ride. But, it went very well.

Peyton was everywhere. He wanted to do as much as he could.







On the other hand Landon was not too sure of the experience at first. He was fine as long as he was in my arms (surprise).



Tuesday and Wednesday- House of Bounce
We were lucky enough to partake in two mornings of Toddler Time at House of Bounce. On Tuesday we met Emily and Even and on Wednesday we went with the Asleson family. We usually aren't frequent flyers but they boys both loved it. And for $3.21 for 2 hours and 2 kids to bounce you cannot beat that deal!

Landon was Mr. Independent on these outings.








On Tuesday evening we met the Asleson clan at a local hotel for some swimming and a sleepover. I didn't get as many pictures as I wish, but when you have two children under 4 it requires all hands on deck around the pool.


Are you sure we can't go in one more time this morning?



There were many more events and memories created on our "Stay- cation." I cannot wait until summer!

No comments: